With all the feast and festivities over for another year some of you will be looking at what to do in the new year. Make it a new start and come and experience Bath!
January may seem like a long month with nothing much on, but in Bath there is plenty to keep you occupied. Apart from the January sales we’ve listed below some of the events that will be happening in the city this month.
* Bath on Ice – the Ice rink continues, along with the glow in the dark crazy golf course, up until Sunday 3rd January. Get your skates on and don’t miss it!
* Theatre Royal - Delighting children and adults alike the Bath pantomime, Jack and the Beanstalk, starring Nigel Havers and CBeebies Katy Ashworth, continues until Sunday 10th January
* Bath Rugby and Bath City FC – whether you like playing or watching come and enjoy some great sport at Bath Rec or Twerton Park this January. Click on the following links to find out fixtures for the rugby and the football in the city
* Holburne Museum – not only is the Holburne celebrating its 100th anniversary this year, but it’s one of the few FREE museums in the city. For a small fee you can visit their very special exhibition, running until January 24th, called “Gold”. Items are on special loan from The Royal Collection. Details of opening times and ticket prices can be found here
* Music for Miniatures – a wonderful idea for those with babies and toddlers. Take your children along to St Swithun’s Church at the top of Walcot Street at 11.15am on Saturday 9th January, or Wednesday 13th January to enjoy classical music for children. Ticket prices apply
* Wedding belles and bells – Planning a wedding in 2016 or 2017 then The Wedding Emporium’s Bath Wedding Fayre will be for you. Hosted at the Bath Spa MacDonald Hotel on Sunday 24th January, 11am to 3pm, explore and meet people who can make your dream wedding come true
* Grayson Perry in Bath – excitingly Turner Prize winning artist, Grayson Perry’s exhibition, The Vanity of Small Differences, comes to Bath this January. These six tapestries are influenced by Hogarth’s work in the 18th Century, but convey a theme that runs throughout history – that of class. On display at The Victoria Art Gallery from January 9th to 10th April 2016, cost £4
* Thermae Bath Spa – treat yourself after all the rush of Christmas and New Year with a relaxing 2 night break in Bath with a visit to the Thermae Bath Spa. Here you can relax in the pampering hot mineral waters. Our Spa Packages offer the best deal for you, including champagne breakfast every day!
There are plenty more exhibitions and events happening in the local museums and art galleries during January, plus an ever growing list of other events that can be found on the Visit Bath website.
Looking ahead to the rest of the year we’ve listed some of the upcoming Festivals and Events that you may want to note down and start planning ahead.
– February 12th – 19th: Bath Digital Festival
– February 26th – March 6th: Bath Literature Festival
– March 13th – Bath Half Marathon
– March 27th – April 6th – Bath Comedy Festival
– April 18th – 24th: Bath in Fashion
– May 20th – 30th: Bath International Music Festival
– May 27th – June 12th: Bath Fringe Festival
– September 9th – 18th: Jane Austen Festival
With all events, accommodation nearer the date becomes more difficult, so why not book your accommodation in advance. You can take advantage too of some of the great Loyalty Card exclusive offers that we run for both The Bailbrook Lodge and The Royal Hotel.
It’s FREE to join, your details are not passed to any third parties, and you save money every time you spend too, as well as have access to some fantastic deals that ONLY Loyalty Card Members can enjoy. Details of the card can be found on the above links.
To call and book your January break away in Bath at Bailbrook Lodge, please contact us on (+44)1225 859090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org You can also book directly on our website where you can find further great offers